Friday, January 11, 2013

40 and A Little Gathering


Yesterday, I turned 40!  I had a great day that included family, friends and champagne!  What more can a girl ask for?  On Saturday, I'm having a little favorite things dinner party to celebrate with a few of my favorite people.  Even though it's a small event, I wanted to make it special by sending out invitations.  I was thrilled that a local stationary shop was able to help me make a custom invitation that I just love.  I went with pink (a favorite color) invitations and kraft paper (brown paper packages tied up with string!) envelopes.  My favorite detail is the little bow at the bottom of the invitation and on the back of the envelope with the return address.  I'm so excited to spend the evening with girlfriends!



6 comments:

  1. What is a favorite things party? I hope you blog about it because it sounds super fun and I want to know how I can throw one! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Anna! Love how you are choosing to celebrate. I went to the spa! :) May 40 be fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun!I love birthday parties! Especially ones I throw myself! :) Then there is NO pressure! Happy 40th! I'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just funny. Again, every time I drop by your blog, it always hits close to home. My 40th was New Year's Eve but we just had my birthday celebration with friends on Friday night. Happy Birthday! 40 is the new 30, right? (or a favorite quote I give to many of my friends on these birthdays - "the 10 best years of a woman's life...between 39 and 40")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

    Leah- I will blog about it, it was so much fun!

    Nina- The spa sounds like a fantastic idea!

    Dawn- 40 is the new 30 for sure! Happy birthday to you too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips