Friday, August 15, 2014

Chamomile Tea



The other day we had a rainy day that was welcome in our household as we sort of huddled up and didn't do much for the day.  I did take the time to try my hand at making some chamomile tea using chamomile from our garden.  Though very subtle, Grace and I both agreed that it was tasty and perfect for a rainy day spent indoors.


Chamomile Tea
3 heaping tablespoons fresh chamomile flowers
3 cups water
honey to taste

Place the flowers in a teapot.  Bring the water to a boil and immediately pour into the teapot. Steep for 5-10 minutes.  Pour the tea through a strainer in to cups and add a tad of honey if desired.



1 comment:

  1. How lovely, I think my tea drinking boys would love this and I know my daughter would.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips