Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day

(we sprayed the snow with a Valentine's message to greet the children after school)

We had a very lovely, low key Valentine's Day this year.  Since the children had a delayed opening due to more snow, we had the time to have chocolate chip waffles with strawberries and whipped cream!  I used my trusty heart waffle maker that I've had since I was in high school (I must be getting old- I talk about how long I've had stuff a lot!). 



My Mom joined us for dinner where we had heart shaped pizza and salad.  Also, I made this yummy raspberry cheesecake with an Oreo crust.  It was surprisingly easy and I love how the hearts turned out on the top.


Before pizza, we snacked on heart shaped Camembert and tomato jam.  Yummy.


Even though we were just having pizza, I tried to set the table to be a little extra special.  


Grace made herself a party hat!


Also, it's been a sort of tradition of ours to make Valentines for classmates together.  Usually, we work together to come up with something fun but this year Harris had his heart set on giving out Fun Dip!  I didn't even have the motivation to try to come up with something fun and cute for that, so he just wrote on each one, gave them out and was happy as a clam.  I guess all good things must eventually come to an end?

2 comments:

  1. Your home is so full of love all year...I can't believe you were able to kick it up a notch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cheesecake is beautiful! What a lovely (and probably yummy) valentines day!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips